What more could the Vikings expect from an offensive line that made the team the NFL's best rushing…
Finding a New Randy Ratio
The problem? A lack of balance. After Moss, the next highest reception total belonged to D'Wayne Bates with 50 -- less than half of Moss' total. After that, the next highest WR total was 14 -- shared by Derrick Alexander and Chris Walsh.
While the Vikings are still confident Moss can be the go-to guy with respect to the ratio (2:1 in favor of Moss to the next highest player), the ratio of Moss to other wide receivers needs to change. Moss alone had 14 more receptions than all other wide receivers on the team combined. That is something that is a little troubling to the offensive gurus on the team and something that is going to be a training camp priority for the 2003 Vikings.
* The Vikings closed out their final developmental camp practice Thursday. The next formal get-together will be at Mankato for the start of training camp. Players report July 25 and practcies start July 26.
* QB Shaun Hill attended the final two developmental camp sessions. Hill led NFL Europe with 2,256 passing yards for the Amsterdam Admirals. His 13 TDs was second in the league.
* Hill impressed Vikings coaches enough that they made backup QB Kevin Thompson one of two cuts Thursday. The other was St. Cloud State TE Matt Huebner.
* The special teams will have some healthy competition. After the Vikings thought they may have solved some of their problems through the draft by taking kicker/punter Eddie Johnson, other names have stepped up in NFL Europe. Punter Nick Murphy was named All-NFLE by averaging 42.4 yards a punt for the Barcelona Dragons. Meanwhile, kicker Todd France made two field goals last week for the Rhein Fire and will be kicking for them tomorrow in World Bowl XI.
VikingUpdate.com Recommended Stories
Key injuries mount for Vikings in loss
The Vikings lost several key players or had them limited with injuries in the loss to the Packers.Read More
Rivalry Week on Scout
Build yourself a sky-high left-over turkey sandwich, cover it in a creamy sauce of hate, and get ready to scream!Read More
Vikings: ‘No moral victories’…but improvement
The Vikings defense limited the big plays but still couldn’t get the stop when needed at the end.Read More
VIDEO: Post-game locker room
Greg Jennings, Cordarrelle Patterson, John Sullivan, Josh Robinson and Harrison Smith discuss both sides of the ball during the Minnesota Vikings loss to the Green Bay Packers on Sunday.Read More
Outdoorsman's Gift Guide: Christmas 2014
Finding just the right present for that special someone can be a challenge, so we’ve compiled a wide variety of hunting, fishing and outdoor gifts that you—or Santa—can deliver this Christmas.Read More
- 11 23 14 Packers @ Vikings game day thread
- Refs don't change games? Tell me the difference
- If season was over what positions would the vikes draft
- Tackles under consideration
- End of the game