In some instances the hype is being realized at the Senior Bowl, but some of the top-rated receivers…
Senior Bowl: Cornerback Rankings
2. Leon McFadden – Even if he is a little slow to get to the ball on occasion, he always seems to be raking at it. Most of the time, he gets a good jump on the route and he looks comfortable in a zone setting.
3. Robert Alford – He may be from Southeastern Louisiana, but he showed a small-school defensive back can make big strides. He has the quickness and can stay with receivers step-for-step.
4. Jordan Poyer – The Oregon State cornerback has the speed for the position and plays the man in front of him well. He looks like he could still use work on getting his head around and locating the ball to capitalize on his interception potential.
5. Marc Anthony – There were several times the Cal corner got a good break on the ball once it was in the air and knocked it away from the receiver. He also recognized a screen nicely and reacted to defend it quickly.
Tim Yotter is the publisher of Viking Update. Follow Viking Update on Twitter and discuss this story on our subscriber message board.
VikingUpdate.com Recommended Stories
Key injuries mount for Vikings in loss
The Vikings lost several key players or had them limited with injuries in the loss to the Packers.Read More
Rivalry Week on Scout
Build yourself a sky-high left-over turkey sandwich, cover it in a creamy sauce of hate, and get ready to scream!Read More
Vikings: ‘No moral victories’…but improvement
The Vikings defense limited the big plays but still couldn’t get the stop when needed at the end.Read More
VIDEO: Post-game locker room
Greg Jennings, Cordarrelle Patterson, John Sullivan, Josh Robinson and Harrison Smith discuss both sides of the ball during the Minnesota Vikings loss to the Green Bay Packers on Sunday.Read More
Outdoorsman's Gift Guide: Christmas 2014
Finding just the right present for that special someone can be a challenge, so we’ve compiled a wide variety of hunting, fishing and outdoor gifts that you—or Santa—can deliver this Christmas.Read More
- 11 23 14 Packers @ Vikings game day thread
- Refs don't change games? Tell me the difference
- If season was over what positions would the vikes draft
- Tackles under consideration
- End of the game