"I'm going to be 100 percent soon and be prepared to come back next year and play better than I ever…
Vikes Won't Face Gannon
Gannon was placed on injured reserve Wednesday, prompting some to speculate that, at age 37, his career -- at least as a Raider -- may be finished. Gannon will have to have surgery on a torn labrum in his right (throwing) shoulder.
In his place will be Rick Mirer, a QB that brought about the same level of glee to defensive coaches for the Vikings as when they found out Doug Johnson would be starting instead of Mike Vick.
* Gannon is far from the only significant Raider who is injured. Three other players -- DT John Parrella (groin), C Matt Stinchcomb (shoulder) and DE Sam Williams (knee) -- are listed as out. Two other starters -- guard Frank Middleton (quadriceps) and DT Dana Stubblefield (ankle) -- are listed as doubtful -- and four other starters -- guard Mo Collins (knee), RB Charlie Garner (back), OT Lincoln Kennedy (calf) and S Rod Woodson (knee) -- are listed as questionable.
* The Vikings added guard David Dixon to the injury report Wednesday after he sat out the afternoon practice with a sore ankle. He was replaced in practice by Lewis Kelly.
* The only Viking listed on their injury report is LB Raonall Smith, who is listed a questionable with a hamstring but practiced Wednesday and is expected to be available to play if activated.
* The Vikings practiced outside Wednesday with temperatures in the mid-30s and winds howling between 20-30 m.p.h.
* After saying the Vikings had no interest in Kevin Johnson, the WR released by the Browns Tuesday and part of a couple of trade scenarios with the Vikings that broke down over the last year and a half, it turns out Mike Tice put in a waiver claim on him. Nice gamesmanship, coach. As it turned out, he was awarded to the Jaguars -- the team with the worst record that submitted a claim.
VikingUpdate.com Recommended Stories
Bridgewater accepts blame for rough game
Teddy Bridgewater took on blame for the Lions game, saying he needed to get the ball out quicker the “majority” of times he took a sack.Read More
Elite QB run over, but Vikings respect Orton
After facing some of the best quarterbacks in the NFL, the Vikings get Kyle Orton this week. That might sound like a break, but Vikings defenders aren’t celebrating yet.Read More
Greenway working his way back
The Vikings got some encouraging injury news Wednesday, as Chad Greenway practiced fully on a Wednesday for the first time since Sept. 10.Read More
Daily Dr. Roto: Week 7 Thoughts
Dr. Roto looks ahead to Week 7 to offer his opinion on three QBs, three RBs & three WRs. For example, Doc thinks Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco (pictured above) continues his hot streak…Read More
School of Jock: Which Colleges Make NFL Stars
What college football conferences and programs lead the way into the NFL? Here's a deep look into the numbers and some of these findings may surprise you.Read More