"I'm going to be 100 percent soon and be prepared to come back next year and play better than I ever…
Vikes Won't Face Gannon
Gannon was placed on injured reserve Wednesday, prompting some to speculate that, at age 37, his career -- at least as a Raider -- may be finished. Gannon will have to have surgery on a torn labrum in his right (throwing) shoulder.
In his place will be Rick Mirer, a QB that brought about the same level of glee to defensive coaches for the Vikings as when they found out Doug Johnson would be starting instead of Mike Vick.
* Gannon is far from the only significant Raider who is injured. Three other players -- DT John Parrella (groin), C Matt Stinchcomb (shoulder) and DE Sam Williams (knee) -- are listed as out. Two other starters -- guard Frank Middleton (quadriceps) and DT Dana Stubblefield (ankle) -- are listed as doubtful -- and four other starters -- guard Mo Collins (knee), RB Charlie Garner (back), OT Lincoln Kennedy (calf) and S Rod Woodson (knee) -- are listed as questionable.
* The Vikings added guard David Dixon to the injury report Wednesday after he sat out the afternoon practice with a sore ankle. He was replaced in practice by Lewis Kelly.
* The only Viking listed on their injury report is LB Raonall Smith, who is listed a questionable with a hamstring but practiced Wednesday and is expected to be available to play if activated.
* The Vikings practiced outside Wednesday with temperatures in the mid-30s and winds howling between 20-30 m.p.h.
* After saying the Vikings had no interest in Kevin Johnson, the WR released by the Browns Tuesday and part of a couple of trade scenarios with the Vikings that broke down over the last year and a half, it turns out Mike Tice put in a waiver claim on him. Nice gamesmanship, coach. As it turned out, he was awarded to the Jaguars -- the team with the worst record that submitted a claim.
VikingUpdate.com Recommended Stories
Ball security key vs. opportunistic Bucs
The Bucs give up yards and points, but they have been one of the better teams at forcing fumbles.Read More
Injury updates: Sullivan clear of concussion
Center John Sullivan has cleared post-concussion protocols and should be able to play Sunday. Still, the Vikings had an extensive injury report Thursday.Read More
Dr. Roto Video: Visionary Sleepers
The Kansas City Chiefs aren't exactly known for their passing attack; however, Dr. Roto does have a man-crush on one KC receiver in Week 8. Dwayne Bowe (pictured above) has yet to score a touchdown or…Read More
NCAA Up Next
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — The Wainstein report released on Wednesday provided insight into the NCAA’s reopening of its infractions case at North Carolina this summer and also highlighted potential academic…Read More
6 Sports Records Made to Be Broken
Move over Manning—here's a list of the best individual sports records that are ripe for breaking.Read More