Randy Moss continues to close in on team and NFL receiving records, while Daunte Culpepper, Michael…
Moss Re-Writing Record Books
So it should come as no surprise that Moss will be moving into the rarified air only he and Cris Carter can share Sunday. With three receptions, Moss will pass Steve Jordan into second place on the all-time Vikings receptions list, leaving him behind only Cris Carter.
With a fourth reception, Moss will become the fastest receiver to 500 receptions in league history. Earlier this year, he became the first player in NFL history to have 1,000 or more receiving yards each of his first six seasons.
Perhaps we're a bit jaded seeing Moss every week, but, as the numbers continue to mount, his NFL legend becomes more and more secure.
* Chris Claiborne has been upgraded from questionable to probable for Sunday's game.
* Billy Lyon was added to the injury report with a calf strain. He is listed as probable.
* The Seahawks are a lowly 1-4 on the road, but three of those losses have been by a combined 13 points -- meaning they may not be as awful as their road record would indicate.
* It's easy to see why so many observers are predicting a high score Sunday. The Vikings have the league's No. 1 rated offense (No. 7 rush, No. 3 pass), while the Seahawks have the No. 4 rated offense (No. 8 rush, No. 9 pass). On the other side, both defenses lack some zip. Seattle is No. 17 (No. 15 rush, No. 18 pass), while the Vikes have slipped all the way to No. 29 (No. 24 rush, No. 29 pass).
* Former Viking John Randle needs just one sack Sunday to tie Richard Dent for fifth on the all-time sacks list with 137 for his career.
* Vikings coach Mike Tice started 83 games as a tight end for the Seahawks.
VikingUpdate.com Recommended Stories
Bridgewater working on quickness, confidence
Teddy Bridgewater is trying to get the ball out of his hands and trust himself more, but the rookie has struggled against some of the top defenses in the league.Read More
Zimmer expects Sullivan, Ducasse back
Mike Zimmer believes both John Sullivan and Vladimir Ducasse should be able to play Sunday after leaving the loss against Buffalo with injuries.Read More
Request denied to remove judge in A.P. case
The prosecution’s request to remove judge Kelly Case from Adrian Peterson’s trial has been denied.Read More
Dr. Roto Video: Waiver Wire Wednesday
Dr. Roto believes Miami Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry will overtake WR Brian Hartline as the team's No. 2 receiver sooner rather than later. Stay ahead of the curve with Dr. Roto!Read More
Giants Strike First In Game One Rout
The San Francisco Giants came out swinging in Game One of the 2014 World Series, scoring three times in the first inning and never looking back.Read More