The Vikings were aided by a controversial call early in the game, and, according to the lead…
Record Seekers vs. Chiefs
1) Randy Moss became only the seventh player in NFL history to have two consecutive seasons with 100 receptions, joining Marvin Harrison (four and counting), Jerry Rice (three), Herman Moore (three), Sterling Sharpe, Cris Carter and Rod Smith.
2) The Vikings set a regular-season attendance record, with 513,437 in the stands this year, breaking the 513,334 they had in 2001.
3) Moss had two touchdowns, giving a career total of 77, which is good for second place in team history. Carter holds the record with 110, but Moss passed Bill Brown (76) and Chuck Foreman (75).
4) Brian Russell's two interceptions gave him a season total of nine, which moves him past Corey Chavous and into a second-place tie with Orlando Thomas (1995) in team history. Paul Krause holds the record with 10 interceptions in 1975. Russell and Chavous set a team record with 17 interceptions for a tandem.
5) Onterrio Smith became the first Vikings rookie to gain 100 yards rushing in two consecutive games. He became the fourth Vikings rookie to have two 100-yard games in a season, with Chuck Foreman holding the record with three 100-yard games in his rookie season of 1973.
6) Smith tied a team record with three rushing touchdowns in a game, becoming the seventh Viking to do that.
7) Smith's two-game total of 294 yards is the most by a rookie and ranks third in team history. Scottie Graham had 305 yards in a two-game stretch in 1993, and Michael Bennett had 297 in 2002.
VikingUpdate.com Recommended Stories
Key injuries mount for Vikings in loss
The Vikings lost several key players or had them limited with injuries in the loss to the Packers.Read More
Week 13: Player Downgrades
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Rusty Reeves predicts a heaping handful of players who will decline in the coming weeks. They should be downgraded at least one tier. Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler …Read More
Vikings: ‘No moral victories’…but improvement
The Vikings defense limited the big plays but still couldn’t get the stop when needed at the end.Read More
VIDEO: Post-game locker room
Greg Jennings, Cordarrelle Patterson, John Sullivan, Josh Robinson and Harrison Smith discuss both sides of the ball during the Minnesota Vikings loss to the Green Bay Packers on Sunday.Read More
Outdoorsman's Gift Guide: Christmas 2014
Finding just the right present for that special someone can be a challenge, so we’ve compiled a wide variety of hunting, fishing and outdoor gifts that you—or Santa—can deliver this Christmas.Read More