A look at the linebacker's career stats.
The handwriting was on the wall a year ago when the Vikings had E.J. Henderson land in their laps in the second round. But, Biekert -- ever the professional -- accepted his role as mentor.
From ESPN to the Twin Cities media, Biekert's retirement has been viewed as an inevitable -- something not met with the reverence it should be. Biekert was a professional -- from start to finish.
In a league lacking for honest quotes when things are going bad, Biekert was a breath of fresh air -- and will be missed.
* Wednesday's final developmental practice before Friday's official start of minicamp was cut short by rain.
* The foot injury to Randy Moss may be more serious than the team is letting on. Moss has indicated he may not be 100 percent all season -- but Moss at 80 percent is better than most go-to guys at 100 percent.
VikingUpdate.com Recommended Stories
Sullivan weighs seriousness of concussions
John Sullivan has suffered five concussions in his seven-year career, but he doesn’t believe his future is “in doubt.” He weighs the severity of the concussions against the number of them.Read More
Notebook: Vikings CB Robinson questionable
Vikings cornerback Josh Robinson didn’t practice Friday after rolling his ankle Thursday and is listed as questionable. And there could be a change in the works for the offensive line.Read More
Rudolph: Post-bye return is logical
Kyle Rudolph moved to conditioning on land this week and continues his comeback from sports hernia surgery.Read More
Week 8: Super Sleepers
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Jeb Gorham digs in his list of rankings to find the best sleepers for deeper formats. Consider giving these players a chance, but be aware of the risk! Tampa Bay…Read More
Watch: Sailfish Goes Psycho!
Check out this classic video of Dan Larson battling an acrobatic sailfish on a trip to the world-famous Tropic Star Lodge in Panama.Read More
- Big protest planned against Redskins' name vs. Vikings
- This board is infested with liars.
- Prosecution's request to remove Peterson's judge denied
- Rough day for the o-line
- Not much room left