Four Vikings – Daunte Culpepper, Fred Smoot, Bryant McKinnie and Moe Williams – were charged with…
Fed-Ex Drops Off Daunte
While Culpepper maintains his innocence, this is another sign that the scandal has had national and international implications. On a recent morning radio show, an e-mail was read from a listener in London, who stated the boat scandal has been the butt of jokes as far away as England.
Culpepper had positioned himself to be not only the face of the franchise, but a marketing spokesman as well. This could be the first sign that, until he is either found not guilty in court or has the charges dropped, Culpepper's cache as a spokesman for companies will be greatly diminished if not destroyed.
* Corey Chavous, who was added to the injury report this week with a high ankle sprain, struggled through practice yesterday and was replaced by good Will Hunter for much of practice. If he can't go, Hunter will see extra time and Brian Williams will move to safety as an emergency replacement.
* Marcus Johnson has been ruled out for Sunday's game. He will be replaced by former starter Mike Rosenthal.
* Melvin Fowler took part in some of Thursday's practice, but Cory Withrow took most of the snaps with the first team and will likely start Sunday.
* All of at at VU would like to send our condolences to the family of Tony Dungy. In his time in Minnesota, VU veterans that got to know Dungy already knew what the rest of the world is finding out today -- that he is a kind, decent man who doesn't deserve the agony he and his family are going through after the death of his son. Our prayers and thoughts go out to Tony and his family during this sad time.
VikingUpdate.com Recommended Stories
Key injuries mount for Vikings in loss
The Vikings lost several key players or had them limited with injuries in the loss to the Packers.Read More
Rivalry Week on Scout
Build yourself a sky-high left-over turkey sandwich, cover it in a creamy sauce of hate, and get ready to scream!Read More
Vikings: ‘No moral victories’…but improvement
The Vikings defense limited the big plays but still couldn’t get the stop when needed at the end.Read More
VIDEO: Post-game locker room
Greg Jennings, Cordarrelle Patterson, John Sullivan, Josh Robinson and Harrison Smith discuss both sides of the ball during the Minnesota Vikings loss to the Green Bay Packers on Sunday.Read More
Outdoorsman's Gift Guide: Christmas 2014
Finding just the right present for that special someone can be a challenge, so we’ve compiled a wide variety of hunting, fishing and outdoor gifts that you—or Santa—can deliver this Christmas.Read More
- 11 23 14 Packers @ Vikings game day thread
- Refs don't change games? Tell me the difference
- If season was over what positions would the vikes draft
- Tackles under consideration
- End of the game