Search this site
Junior College Football
NFL Free Agents
Scott Leaves Without Deal
Viking Update Staff
Posted Mar 17, 2007
The Vikings concluded two days of talks with Ian Scott with a contract offer, but no deal has been finalized as Scott looks to pursue contract options with other teams.
Whether the Vikings will sign Bears free agent defensive tackle
is unknown, but he concluded two days of meetings with the Vikings without a contract. Scott is believed to have returned home for the weekend.
Scott, who would be viewed as a backup in the defensive tackle rotation with
, would fill the role formerly provided by free agent
Scott’s agent said Friday that plans are being made to meet with the Falcons and Chiefs before he makes a final contract decision. Scott had visited the Broncos before coming to Winter Park.
The Chiefs may have taken themselves out of serious contention, however, by re-signing DT
to a four-year contract on Friday.
* The Broncos are looking to move up in the draft from their No. 21 spot and, if the draft falls right, the Vikings might be a team they’re willing to ship multiple pick to in order to move up. Rick Spielman’s draft history has been to trade down and accumulate picks.
* The Colts have their championship ring, but have been losing players right and left since.
is the latest to jump ship, joining the Bucs. He has followed RB
, WR Brandon Stokley and DT Montae Reager out of Indy since the start of free agency.
* The Bengals finally got involved in free agency, signing offensive lineman
– the first free agent from another team signed by the club. There are five teams, the Ravens, Chargers, Giants, Panthers and Bears, that have yet to sign an outside free agent.
* Giants linebacker
escaped injury during a shootout this week in Greenwich Village after an armed man shot and killed another man and shot two police officers after a melee in a pizzeria. Police investigators say that officers fired 56 shots at the suspect before killing him.
* The Dolphins named former Viking Mike Mullarkey their tight ends coach Friday.
Vikings Begin OCP Monday
Mar 18, 2007
Live from Michigan Pro Day
Mar 16, 2007
Moss Trade Could Impact Many
Mar 15, 2007
Subscribe today and get a full year of
Viking Update Magazine
with an annual Total Access Pass.
Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from VikingUpdate.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a
list of all Team Newsletters
Add Topics to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite topics. Click link to add to
Football > Minnesota
View My HotList
Places to go:
Junior College Football
Things to do:
Things to buy:
Things to know:
Terms of Service
Advertise on MSN
About our ads
© 2013 Microsoft