Ed McCaffrey has proven himself the closest thing to Superman the Denver Broncos will ever know.
Who Will Play WR for Detroit?
Not only are starters Bill Schroeder (ankle) and Az Hakim (toe) both listed as questionable, so are their top two backups -- Larry Foster (hip) and Viking killer Desmond Howard (neck). Foster is currently listed as questionable and Howard is listed as doubtful.
For a secondary that has been blasted in recent weeks, unless some of these injuries heal in a hurry, the Lions may be forced to run an old fashioned Nebraska type of offense -- not by choice, but by necessity. VU will follow up on the status of these players as the game draws closer.
* The other name of note on the Lions injury list is DL Shaun Ellis, who is listed as questionable with a hand injury. However, VU has already been told that Ellis is expected to play despite the injury.
* The Vikings have several players on the injury list but no surprises> Two players -- DL Talance Sawyer (knee, out) and LB Henri Crockett (elbow, doubtful) -- won't play Sunday. Two more players listed as questionable -- Lemanski Hall (ankle) and Jim Kleinsasser (leg) -- are still big question marks. The only other player listed is safety Ronnie Bradford, who is probable with a calf injury.
* The Vikings may want to play some Nebraska ball of their own. With a 155-yard per game average, the Vikings are rated No. 4 in the NFL for rushing this season -- even with a patchwork offensive line.
* There is a clause in Randy Moss' contract that could affect the remainder of his signing bonus money -- about $9 million yet to be paid -- if he is convicted on the drug portion of the five misdemeanors he is charged with in Hennepin County.
* Wide receiver Cedric James has changed his number to 89.
* LB Raonall Smith, who had shoulder surgery last month, has begun his rehab program and is expected to be ready for minicamp next year fully healed. He has been placed on injured reserve and is lost for the remainder of this season.
VikingUpdate.com Recommended Stories
Bridgewater working on quickness, confidence
Teddy Bridgewater is trying to get the ball out of his hands and trust himself more, but the rookie has struggled against some of the top defenses in the league.Read More
Zimmer expects Sullivan, Ducasse back
Mike Zimmer believes both John Sullivan and Vladimir Ducasse should be able to play Sunday after leaving the loss against Buffalo with injuries.Read More
Request denied to remove judge in A.P. case
The prosecution’s request to remove judge Kelly Case from Adrian Peterson’s trial has been denied.Read More
Dr. Roto Video: Waiver Wire Wednesday
Dr. Roto believes Miami Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry will overtake WR Brian Hartline as the team's No. 2 receiver sooner rather than later. Stay ahead of the curve with Dr. Roto!Read More
Giants Strike First In Game One Rout
The San Francisco Giants came out swinging in Game One of the 2014 World Series, scoring three times in the first inning and never looking back.Read More