Tight end Hunter Goodwin isn't the sole focus of a play written by his sister, but Amy Goodwin…
NFLPA Threat Shouldn't Kill Deal
Don't buy it. Many of the reports say that the Vikings are seeking to stop the investigation. They can't stop it. What they can do, however, is what Kansas City did when it signed DT Ryan Sims -- the other key player in the collusion allegations -- did. When the Chiefs signed Sims, they stipulated that he would not seek damages if the NFLPA found the Chiefs had conspired with the Vikings. The Vikings could put the same language in a McKinnie contract.
If it turns out that the NFLPA investigation does find collusion, the Vikings and Chiefs could face punitive action, but it shouldn't from the players themselves. This shouldn't be a deal-breaker, but, as contentious as talks have been for almost four months now, anything could probably break this deal down.
* The Vikings and Bucs released their injury reports Wednesday. D'Wayne Bates (back) was listed as questionable with three others -- Corey Chavous (ankle), Hunter Goodwin (elbow) and Lewis Kelly (ankle) -- listed as probable.
* Bates took part in some of Wednesday's practice, but, if he can't go Derrick Alexander is ready to start. It looks like even if Bates isn't deactivated, he would likely be the No. 3 receiver anyway. * Lewis Kelly didn't practice, still with his foot in an immobilizing boot. Everett Lindsay worked with the first unit and will start if Kelly isn't 100 percent.
* The Bucs have plenty of question (and questionables) on their injury report. DT Anthony McFarland (forearm) is out and guard Kerry Jenkins (eye) is doubtful. But more troubling is that five players -- C Ryan Benjamin (hamstring), QB Brad Johnson (rib), QB Rob Johnson (gluteal), WR Joe Jurevicius (ankle/knee) and WR Keenan McCardell (scapula) -- are all listed as questionable. Whether the listing of both Johnsons as questionable -- Rob is expected to start -- is a ploy on the part of Jon Gruden is not certain at this point.
VikingUpdate.com Recommended Stories
Key injuries mount for Vikings in loss
The Vikings lost several key players or had them limited with injuries in the loss to the Packers.Read More
Rivalry Week on Scout
Build yourself a sky-high left-over turkey sandwich, cover it in a creamy sauce of hate, and get ready to scream!Read More
Vikings: ‘No moral victories’…but improvement
The Vikings defense limited the big plays but still couldn’t get the stop when needed at the end.Read More
VIDEO: Post-game locker room
Greg Jennings, Cordarrelle Patterson, John Sullivan, Josh Robinson and Harrison Smith discuss both sides of the ball during the Minnesota Vikings loss to the Green Bay Packers on Sunday.Read More
Outdoorsman's Gift Guide: Christmas 2014
Finding just the right present for that special someone can be a challenge, so we’ve compiled a wide variety of hunting, fishing and outdoor gifts that you—or Santa—can deliver this Christmas.Read More
- 11 23 14 Packers @ Vikings game day thread
- Refs don't change games? Tell me the difference
- If season was over what positions would the vikes draft
- Tackles under consideration
- End of the game