Search this site
Junior College Football
NFL Free Agents
Fullback Richardson Goes To Jets
Viking Update Staff
Posted Mar 6, 2008
The AFC East is becoming the new home of former Vikings. Just hours after Tank Williams joined the Patriots, Tony Richardson agreed to a one-year deal with the Jets.
When the Vikings signed
as their first free agent of the new season, it left
without a job. But that didn’t last long.
Richardson has agreed to terms to a one-year deal with the Jets. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Richardson becomes the second Viking to sign on with another team in less than 24 hours, joining safety
. Williams signed a one-year deal with the Patriots Wednesday.
Whether coincidence or not, the feeling around here was that if Richardson or Williams would have been re-signed by the Vikings, they would have been looking for multi-year deals, but both signed off on one-year contracts to go the AFC East.
was supposed to be in the Twin Cities today, but apparently is spending some more time visiting the Titans this morning, according to a report in the Tennessean. That isn’t a good sign for those who want Kearse in purple, since
did the same thing when it came to delaying other visits and wound up signing with the Vikings.
* It doesn’t sound good on the Kearse front. Whether playing the media or not, Kearse was quoted as saying that the Titans are his No. 1 choice, and when he found out Tennessee was interested in signing him, he reportedly said, “Let’s get a deal done.”
* The Packers are trying to move on from the announcement of
’s retirement and are going to their own well to do it. The team has contacted
, one of the many previous backups to Favre, including
, all of whom started their careers with the Packers, but found themselves never seeing the field due to Favre’s ironman streak of consecutive games.
* Speaking of Favre, he is scheduled to hold a press conference at 11 a.m. today to face the media and answer questions.
* After getting vilified by their own fans over reports they had signed
to a six-year, $55 million deal, Raiders executives cleared up things somewhat, saying that the crux of the deal is actually two years and $16 million. In a bizarre turn, the team said Walker signed a $6 million signing bonus and has base salaries of $5 million for each of the next two seasons. Beyond that, everything is up in the air and by no means certain. Nothing like rolling out the red carpet and alienating your newest player.
* The Dolphins may have finally found someone to trade with them for the first overall pick – the Falcons. In a surprising move, just weeks after cutting
, the Falcons cut
on the top of the depth chart.
* From the You Can’t Make This Up Department comes this: kicker
announced his retirement from the league Wednesday – more than three years after his last game. Word on the street is that Fred Cox has called a press conference.
Mar 6, 2008
Kearses! Foiled Again!
Mar 7, 2008
The Day After
Mar 5, 2008
Subscribe today and get a full year of
Viking Update Magazine
with an annual Total Access Pass.
Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from VikingUpdate.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a
list of all Team Newsletters
Add Topics to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite topics. Click link to add to
Football > Minnesota
View My HotList
Places to go:
Junior College Football
Things to do:
Things to buy:
Things to know:
Terms of Service
Advertise on MSN
About our ads
© 2013 Microsoft