Careers & Jobs
Real Estate & Rentals
Full MSN Index
Viking Update Staff
Posted Mar 16, 2008
Adrian Peterson proved he was a star on the field in 2007. In his first professional offseason, he has shown that he is a media star -- highlighted by his role in an all-star commercial by Nike.
endorsement blitz continues.
A.D. is one of the stars of the new Nike SPARQ training shoe campaign. In a campaign loaded with stars, Peterson joins the likes of
and Landon Donovan as the spokespeople for the shoe.
Look for the commercials – both a 60-second and 30-second spot – to run during the NCAA college basketball tournament to promote the new shoes.
* The Bears and Steelers apparently had an interest in
before he and the Vikings agreed to a one-year contract with the Vikings Saturday. Ferguson never made any official team visits, instead waiting for the Vikings to make their offer before visiting other teams.
* Ferguson was the first of the Vikings' in-house unrestricted free agents to be re-signed. Five of the other eight free agents have already moved on to other teams.
* The Detroit media had a field day with the team releasing safety
, with two of the city’s newspapers citing the watershed moment in Kennedy’s Lions career being faked out of his jock by Peterson on a touchdown run last year at the Metrodome. It’s sad when you’re highlight film moment is being victimized by opponent, much less seeing it replayed over and over again.
* Showing that player attitude means little to nothing for the Raiders, the team has agreed in principle to trade a second-round draft pick to the Falcons for troubled CB
. Last year, Hall was vocal about throwing teammates and the organization under the bus, but apparently little things like that don’t bother Al Davis.
* A year ago, both the Patriots and 49ers traded a fourth-round draft pick over draft weekend to get a wide receiver.
went on to set a new touchdown reception record with the Patriots.
, who never really caught on with the 49ers, was released Saturday. Given his experience in the West Coast Offense, he could be on the Vikings' radar as well.
* The 49ers may have more trouble than just wasting draft picks on players who didn’t pan out. Monday the Niners organization reps will be in New York to explain themselves to league officials concerning a complaint filed by the Bears that the team illegally tampered with free agent linebacker
* From the “Just Shut Up” Department comes this:
again reiterated his claim from last year that the Lions will win 10 or more games this year. After a 6-2 start, he seemed like a sage. After they finished 1-7, it looked like the same-old, same-old with the Lions.
Vikings Re-Sign Ferguson
Mar 15, 2008
Mar 17, 2008
Running Back Runaround
Mar 14, 2008
Subscribe today and get a full year of
Viking Update Magazine
with an annual Total Access Pass.
Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from VikingUpdate.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a
list of all Team Newsletters
Add Topics to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite topics. Click link to add to
Football > Minnesota
View My HotList
Copyright © 2014 Scout.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms of Service
Junior College Football
Advertise on MSN
About our ads
© 2014 Microsoft