Careers & Jobs
Real Estate & Rentals
Full MSN Index
Williams' Streak In Jeopardy
Viking Update Staff
Posted Nov 21, 2002
Opponents haven't been able to stop Moe Williams from scoring in seven straight games. But will a heel injury?
He isn't listed on the injury report -- at least not yet -- but
is injured. After Sunday's game, he was carrying the ball that was used to score the record seventh straight game with a touchdown and he was limping badly and wincing as he climbed two flights of steps to the press box.
The pain was so bad Monday and Tuesday that Williams had the heel X-rayed to see if there was some damage. None was found. Yesterday Moe was held out of practice. Coach Mike Tice believes it won't be lingering or serious -- Moe wasn't included on the initial injury report -- but he likely will be added later in the week.
It would be a shame to see his consecutive games with a TD streak die not because of lack of opportunity, but because of an injury.
* The Vikings have several players listed on their injury report, including WR
(ankle) as doubtful -- he won't play -- and OT
(ankle) as questionable. Four players -- G
(hip) and TE
(knee) -- are listed as probable.
* Only two Patriots of note are on the injury report and both are listed as questionable -- guard
* The Vikings have moved into first place in the NFL for team rushing. The Vikings are now averaging 159.5 yards a game. Surprising to many, the team is also rated No. 10 in rushing defensive, allowing just 99.5 yards a game on the ground.
* The Patriots may be the perfect opponent for the Vikings to try to use the run exclusively. They rank 27th in the league vs. the run and have surrended five 100-yard rushing games. In that group,
and LaDainian Tomlinson combined to rush for almost 400 yards.
has been said to have lost his big-play ability, but his 14 catches of 20 yards or more is second in the league behind only
of the Colts.
* Former Viking Nate Jacquet was signed by Carolina Wednesday.
Bennett's Big Bonanza
Nov 21, 2002
Holmgren weekly press conference
Nov 21, 2002
Vikes, U of M Closer to Deal
Nov 22, 2002
Subscribe today and get a full year of
Viking Update Magazine
with an annual Total Access Pass.
Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from VikingUpdate.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a
list of all Team Newsletters
Copyright © 2014 Scout.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms of Service
Junior College Football
Advertise on MSN
About our ads
© 2014 Microsoft