Williams' Streak In Jeopardy
The pain was so bad Monday and Tuesday that Williams had the heel X-rayed to see if there was some damage. None was found. Yesterday Moe was held out of practice. Coach Mike Tice believes it won't be lingering or serious -- Moe wasn't included on the initial injury report -- but he likely will be added later in the week.
It would be a shame to see his consecutive games with a TD streak die not because of lack of opportunity, but because of an injury.
* The Vikings have several players listed on their injury report, including WR Cedric James (ankle) as doubtful -- he won't play -- and OT Lewis Kelly (ankle) as questionable. Four players -- G Corbin Lacina (leg), WR D'Wayne Bates (back), LB Henri Crockett (hip) and TE Byron Chamberlain (knee) -- are listed as probable.
* Only two Patriots of note are on the injury report and both are listed as questionable -- guard Joe Andruzzi and safety Tebucky Jones.
* The Vikings have moved into first place in the NFL for team rushing. The Vikings are now averaging 159.5 yards a game. Surprising to many, the team is also rated No. 10 in rushing defensive, allowing just 99.5 yards a game on the ground.
* The Patriots may be the perfect opponent for the Vikings to try to use the run exclusively. They rank 27th in the league vs. the run and have surrended five 100-yard rushing games. In that group, Priest Holmes and LaDainian Tomlinson combined to rush for almost 400 yards.
* Randy Moss has been said to have lost his big-play ability, but his 14 catches of 20 yards or more is second in the league behind only Marvin Harrison of the Colts.
* Former Viking Nate Jacquet was signed by Carolina Wednesday.
VikingUpdate.com Recommended Stories
Bridgewater working on quickness, confidence
Teddy Bridgewater is trying to get the ball out of his hands and trust himself more, but the rookie has struggled against some of the top defenses in the league.Read More
Zimmer expects Sullivan, Ducasse back
Mike Zimmer believes both John Sullivan and Vladimir Ducasse should be able to play Sunday after leaving the loss against Buffalo with injuries.Read More
Request denied to remove judge in A.P. case
The prosecution’s request to remove judge Kelly Case from Adrian Peterson’s trial has been denied.Read More
Dr. Roto Video: Waiver Wire Wednesday
Dr. Roto believes Miami Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry will overtake WR Brian Hartline as the team's No. 2 receiver sooner rather than later. Stay ahead of the curve with Dr. Roto!Read More
Giants Strike First In Game One Rout
The San Francisco Giants came out swinging in Game One of the 2014 World Series, scoring three times in the first inning and never looking back.Read More