The Vikings have had trouble this season with some of the NFL's lesser QBs. The question Sunday is…
However, when the teams meet at the Metrodome Sunday, it won't be a grudge match or a revenge contest. Why? So few players remain from those teams. For the Vikings, only Randy Moss and David Dixon are still starters and only six players on the Falcons roster were in that game. In fact, the Vikings have more players on their roster -- Ronnie Bradford, Henri Crockett and Chuck Wiley -- who have played for Atlanta than started in the 1998 championship game.
Both teams have undergone major overhauls since then and the teams that will meet Sunday will have little in common with those that met in 1998. Getting the fan to forget, however, will be a little more difficult.
THANKSGIVING DAY NOTES
* Michael Bennett was upgraded to probable for Sunday's game with a sprained ankle, but the team is preparing for him to play a part-time role because, with the hard Metrodome turf, the ankle could flare up at any time.
* Three players are listed as questionable for the Vikings -- Bradford (toe), WR Cedric James (ankle) and WR Kelly Campbell.
* For the Falcons, three players are listed as doubtful -- DE Travis Hall (foot), LB John Holocek (broken bone in arm) and CB Kevin Mathis (hamstring) -- and four others are listed as probable -- WR Brian Finneran (ankle), LB Artie Ulmer (neck), LB Mark Simoneau (ankle) and OT Travis Claridge (neck).
* As usual, a Twin Cities newspaper has opted to take the stupid route and ask a poll question of whether the Vikings should trade Randy Moss, Daunte Culpepper or both. Fortunately, the fans haven't jumped on their "sky is falling" bandwagon. 73 percent said keep them both.
* The Falcons are 6-0-1 in their last seven games and could be doing even better if Jay Feely hadn't missed a field goal vs. Chicago that allowed the Bears to win in overtime. After that win, the Bears lost eight straight.
VikingUpdate.com Recommended Stories
Vikings stadium about a quarter complete
The new Vikings stadium was 23 percent complete at the end of September and progress continues with 650 workers on site daily. Plus, injury updates on the offensive line and Amy Senser is done with…Read More
Vikings lament the last-second loss
The Vikings couldn’t really explain it, but they had to accept the one-point, last-second loss.Read More
Zimmer adjusting with youth of Vikings
Mike Zimmer is staying patient with young players who are learning on the fly.Read More
Week 8: Fantasy Football Player Upgrades
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Mark Morales-Smith provides the best Fantasy options to target because they are on the rise in the short or long term. Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo (pictured above)…Read More
Who's Hot? Week 8: Trevone, Pitt D, Kirby
The stud teams, players, coaches and trends from Week 8Read More