The Vikings have had trouble this season with some of the NFL's lesser QBs. The question Sunday is…
However, when the teams meet at the Metrodome Sunday, it won't be a grudge match or a revenge contest. Why? So few players remain from those teams. For the Vikings, only Randy Moss and David Dixon are still starters and only six players on the Falcons roster were in that game. In fact, the Vikings have more players on their roster -- Ronnie Bradford, Henri Crockett and Chuck Wiley -- who have played for Atlanta than started in the 1998 championship game.
Both teams have undergone major overhauls since then and the teams that will meet Sunday will have little in common with those that met in 1998. Getting the fan to forget, however, will be a little more difficult.
THANKSGIVING DAY NOTES
* Michael Bennett was upgraded to probable for Sunday's game with a sprained ankle, but the team is preparing for him to play a part-time role because, with the hard Metrodome turf, the ankle could flare up at any time.
* Three players are listed as questionable for the Vikings -- Bradford (toe), WR Cedric James (ankle) and WR Kelly Campbell.
* For the Falcons, three players are listed as doubtful -- DE Travis Hall (foot), LB John Holocek (broken bone in arm) and CB Kevin Mathis (hamstring) -- and four others are listed as probable -- WR Brian Finneran (ankle), LB Artie Ulmer (neck), LB Mark Simoneau (ankle) and OT Travis Claridge (neck).
* As usual, a Twin Cities newspaper has opted to take the stupid route and ask a poll question of whether the Vikings should trade Randy Moss, Daunte Culpepper or both. Fortunately, the fans haven't jumped on their "sky is falling" bandwagon. 73 percent said keep them both.
* The Falcons are 6-0-1 in their last seven games and could be doing even better if Jay Feely hadn't missed a field goal vs. Chicago that allowed the Bears to win in overtime. After that win, the Bears lost eight straight.
VikingUpdate.com Recommended Stories
Gruden prepares vs. ‘blitz doctor’ Zimmer
Mike Zimmer and Jay Gruden coached together for three years in Cincinnati and now face each other with the same schemes but different teams.Read More
Vikings’ 7th-rounders find contributing roles
Two of the Vikings’ three seventh-round picks have been active every game and contributing on defense and special teams. Shamar Stephen and Jabari Price talked about their contributions and what needs…Read More
Ford finding early chemistry with Bridgewater
Chase Ford is getting playing time because Kyle Rudolph is hurt, but Ford has become more than just a place-holder. His early-season camaraderie with QB Teddy Bridgewater is paying off.Read More
Brandon Era Coming to an End
Multiple sources have informed GoBlueWolverine that University of Michigan President Mark Schlissel will hold a 1:30 press conference today to announce the resignation of Director of Athletics, Dave…Read More
Hoops: Where are the Top Recruits Going?
The initial basketball signing period begins in less than two weeks and there are currently 22 players in Scout.com's 2015 top 100 still uncommitted. Who are those 22 players considering and who will…Read More