The Vikings have had trouble this season with some of the NFL's lesser QBs. The question Sunday is…
However, when the teams meet at the Metrodome Sunday, it won't be a grudge match or a revenge contest. Why? So few players remain from those teams. For the Vikings, only Randy Moss and David Dixon are still starters and only six players on the Falcons roster were in that game. In fact, the Vikings have more players on their roster -- Ronnie Bradford, Henri Crockett and Chuck Wiley -- who have played for Atlanta than started in the 1998 championship game.
Both teams have undergone major overhauls since then and the teams that will meet Sunday will have little in common with those that met in 1998. Getting the fan to forget, however, will be a little more difficult.
THANKSGIVING DAY NOTES
* Michael Bennett was upgraded to probable for Sunday's game with a sprained ankle, but the team is preparing for him to play a part-time role because, with the hard Metrodome turf, the ankle could flare up at any time.
* Three players are listed as questionable for the Vikings -- Bradford (toe), WR Cedric James (ankle) and WR Kelly Campbell.
* For the Falcons, three players are listed as doubtful -- DE Travis Hall (foot), LB John Holocek (broken bone in arm) and CB Kevin Mathis (hamstring) -- and four others are listed as probable -- WR Brian Finneran (ankle), LB Artie Ulmer (neck), LB Mark Simoneau (ankle) and OT Travis Claridge (neck).
* As usual, a Twin Cities newspaper has opted to take the stupid route and ask a poll question of whether the Vikings should trade Randy Moss, Daunte Culpepper or both. Fortunately, the fans haven't jumped on their "sky is falling" bandwagon. 73 percent said keep them both.
* The Falcons are 6-0-1 in their last seven games and could be doing even better if Jay Feely hadn't missed a field goal vs. Chicago that allowed the Bears to win in overtime. After that win, the Bears lost eight straight.
VikingUpdate.com Recommended Stories
Key injuries mount for Vikings in loss
The Vikings lost several key players or had them limited with injuries in the loss to the Packers.Read More
Rivalry Week on Scout
Build yourself a sky-high left-over turkey sandwich, cover it in a creamy sauce of hate, and get ready to scream!Read More
Vikings: ‘No moral victories’…but improvement
The Vikings defense limited the big plays but still couldn’t get the stop when needed at the end.Read More
VIDEO: Post-game locker room
Greg Jennings, Cordarrelle Patterson, John Sullivan, Josh Robinson and Harrison Smith discuss both sides of the ball during the Minnesota Vikings loss to the Green Bay Packers on Sunday.Read More
Outdoorsman's Gift Guide: Christmas 2014
Finding just the right present for that special someone can be a challenge, so we’ve compiled a wide variety of hunting, fishing and outdoor gifts that you—or Santa—can deliver this Christmas.Read More
- 11 23 14 Packers @ Vikings game day thread
- Refs don't change games? Tell me the difference
- If season was over what positions would the vikes draft
- Tate at practice
- Tackles under consideration