Did the Vikings fail to adequately replace Cris Carter? Joe Theismann weighs in with his opinion on…
Moss Pleads Guilty
Moss pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of careless driving and a petty misdemeanor charge of obstructing justice. The charge of marijuana possession was dropped. Had he been found guilty of the drug charge, Moss could have faced a suspension from the NFL. As it stands, he is likely to face no further league sanction.
In addition to the charges, Moss was ordered to pay a $1,200 fine and perform 40 hours of community service. He was also given a 30-day jail term, but the remaining 28 days were stayed, barring a repeat incident in the next year.
Moss apologized to fans, teammates, coaches and even fellow drivers, but refused to apologize to the traffic control officer, who is said to be preparing to sue Moss in civil court -- why isn't that a surprise?
* Lewis Kelly has been changed to out on the injury report.
* Three other players -- LB Greg Biekert (calf), RB Moe Williams (heel) and S Ronnie Bradford (foot) -- were again held out of practice Thursday.
* Five starting Saints listed as questionable -- QB Aaron Brooks, RB Deuce McAllister, CB Dale Carter, G LeCharles Bentley and LB Darrin Smith -- are all expected to start, according to a Saints source of VU's.
* The NFL is expected to finally hand down fines from the postgame brawl after Sunday's game with the Packers. Apparently the delay has been because league officials have been watching several angles of the film and the number of players subject to fines could make this one a doozy.
* The NFL has announced the salary cap will likely increase about $3 million for next year to $74.1 million -- giving the Vikings even more room under the cap (in the neighborhood of $25-30 million).
VikingUpdate.com Recommended Stories
Bellecourt plans big protest for Nov. 2 game
Clyde Bellecourt unveiled the efforts being made to protest the use of the Washington Redskins name at the Vikings’ next home game.Read More
Analysis: Barr needs improvement in coverage
Anthony Barr shows plenty of talent and potential in several areas, but the stats and film review show he can improve quite a bit in coverage.Read More
Vikings stadium about a quarter complete
The new Vikings stadium was 23 percent complete at the end of September and progress continues with 650 workers on site daily. Plus, injury updates on the offensive line and Amy Senser is done with…Read More
9 Players You Must Consider
You must consider these NINE players! You simply must. And while doing so, allow us to tell you about FanDuel's Fantasy Football Championship. You could be one of 100 finalists winning a trip to the…Read More
Giants Strike First In Game One Rout
The San Francisco Giants came out swinging in Game One of the 2014 World Series, scoring three times in the first inning and never looking back.Read More