The Chargers will face the Chiefs this weekend where Arrowhead Stadium will see its 100th…
Moss to Pro Bowl, No to Bennett, Birk
Moss, who was snubbed a year ago, said the selection was no big thing, since he lost some interest after politics kept him out of last year's game. But, the ommissions were just as perplexing as Moss' bizarre "kiss my butt" type of acceptance speech.
Matt Birk has started the last two Pro Bowls and, as is often the case, once a player gets to the Pro Bowl level, he gets votes -- whether deserving or not, Orlando Pace of St. Louis is having the worst year of his career, yet he got the nod this year. Birk lost out to Olin Kruetz of Chicago and Jeremy Newberry of San Francisco.
Perhaps more disheartening was the selection of Marshall Faulk and Ahman Green over Michael Bennett. Bennett has posted better numbers than either Green or Faulk, trailing just Pro Bowler Deuce McAllister for the NFC rushing lead. But, the big names prevailed.
The sentiment around Winter Park was that a better record would have resulted in more players being selected to the Pro Bowl. Instead, snub was the word of the day.
* Bennett may still get the call to Honolulu. Faulk has been injured much of the season and may opt to skip the game. He's done that in the past -- injured or not.
* Moss needs seven receptions Saturday for his first 100-catch season.
* Opposing quarterbacks have a QB rating of 97.2 vs. the Vikings defense, completing 63 percent of passes for 3,830 yards, 28 TDs and 12 interceptions.
* Miami has allowed just seven rushing touchdowns all year with a schedule that included Priest Holmes, Curtis Martin (twice), Clinton Portis, Edgerrin James, Travis Henry (twice), Ahman Green, Jamal Lewis and LaDainian Tomlinson.
* Cris Carter is downplaying the motivation for his homecoming game, but don't be shocked to see the Dolphins try to get him at least one touchdown pass attempt.
VikingUpdate.com Recommended Stories
Bridgewater accepts blame for rough game
Teddy Bridgewater took on blame for the Lions game, saying he needed to get the ball out quicker the “majority” of times he took a sack.Read More
Elite QB run over, but Vikings respect Orton
After facing some of the best quarterbacks in the NFL, the Vikings get Kyle Orton this week. That might sound like a break, but Vikings defenders aren’t celebrating yet.Read More
Greenway working his way back
The Vikings got some encouraging injury news Wednesday, as Chad Greenway practiced fully on a Wednesday for the first time since Sept. 10.Read More
Peyton Manning Breaks All-Time TD Record
Peyton Manning emerged alone atop yet another category in the NFL record book tonight vs the Niners, as he tossed touchdown #509 under the national spotlight of Sunday Night Football (NBC). (Photo…Read More
LenDale White escorted out of the Coliseum
Former USC and NFL running back LenDale White added tons of drama to what was a relatively quiet Homecoming weekend for the Trojans.Read More