Kent State head coach Paul Haynes has accepted the commitment of Canton McKinley linebacker Nick…
Free Agency Opens at Midnight
All 32 teams must find a way to get under the $75 million salary cap figure by midnight tonight, and the Vikings have been watching with some interest as several teams make wholesale changes -- including defensive cuts that could become future Vikings.
With big-name veterans joining the ranks of the free agent Class of 2003, the Vikings are in a rare position -- one of the few teams with money to spend and a willingness to invest in making big improvements in one year.
* The Vikings tendered restricted free agents Doug Chapman and Cory Withrow with minimum contract offers of $605,000. Some in the organization believe at least one team will make a serious play for Withrow.
* Neil O'Donnell left Minnesota without signing a deal, but he's been made an offer and will mull it over with his wife this weekend. The Titans have expressed an interest in bringing him back, but Tennessee sources say the grapevine there says he was impressed with the Vikings and might be willing to sign a deal. If he does, it will likely come quickly -- word is it would be by the middle of next week if at all.
* Wednesday was a bad day for former Vikings. The Browns released Dwayne Rudd (and his errant helmet) as well as Corey Fuller. Meanwhile, the Chiefs let former Viking Duane Clemons go after he refused to restructure his contract significantly downward.
* Former Viking Ronnie Bradford has accepted an assistant coaching job with the Broncos.
* If the Vikings can't work out a deal with ORT Orlando Brown, they may turn their sites to James "Big Cat" Williams. Although he's getting old at age 34, he's started every game the last eight years with the Bears.
VikingUpdate.com Recommended Stories
Ball security key vs. opportunistic Bucs
The Bucs give up yards and points, but they have been one of the better teams at forcing fumbles.Read More
Injury updates: Sullivan clear of concussion
Center John Sullivan has cleared post-concussion protocols and should be able to play Sunday. Still, the Vikings had an extensive injury report Thursday.Read More
Week 8: Super Sleepers
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Jeb Gorham digs in his list of rankings to find the best sleepers for deeper formats. Consider giving these players a chance, but be aware of the risk! Tampa Bay…Read More
Watch: Sailfish Goes Psycho!
Check out this classic video of Dan Larson battling an acrobatic sailfish on a trip to the world-famous Tropic Star Lodge in Panama.Read More
BOMBS AWAY: ISIS BEFORE AND AFTER AIRSTRIKE
Photographer Bulent Kilic captured these amazing images of ISIS members who were on the very wrong end of an allied bombing in Turkey.Read More